David regularly lectures and leads workshops.
Workshops on Mindful Tech
David leads workshops that help participants establish a healthier and more effective relationship with their digital devices and apps. Key techniques include:
- Mindfulness/contemplative practices to strengthen their attention
- Careful self-observation of their current online habits to discover what is working well and what isn’t
- Developing personal guidelines based on these discoveries
The length and content of these workshops are tailored to the needs of the host organization.
Lecture topics include:
- Acceleration and Overload: What are the sources of these phenomena?
- No Time to Think: How is it that we so little time time to think even as we’ve created the best tools for scholarship and learning the world has ever known?
- Mindful Tech: How can we learn to use our digital devices and apps in healthier and more effective ways?
- The Sabbath and Sabbath Time: In what ways is the Sabbath a potential model for addressing acceleration and overload?
- Contemplative practices and pedagogy: How can we bring contemplative practices into our teaching?
David welcomes invitations to lecture and lead workshops. For more information, please contact him.